Eggnog Pound CakeYields: 1 loaf
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup eggnog
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp (or more for desired consistency) eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Grease an 8 x 4 loaf pan.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes with a mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
4. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the eggnog to the creamed butter/sugar combo. Add vanilla, then mix until just combined.
5. Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove. Let it cool completely before adding the glaze.