The frosting is naturally colored!
Chocolate Ganache CupcakesYields: 12 cupcakes
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips, any flavor (dark, milk, semisweet...)
1-2 tbsp whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2. Microwave butter until mostly melted. Pour into the bottom of a mixer and add hot water, cocoa powder, and sugar. Beat it for about 15 seconds, then let it cool down for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. In another bowl, mix the egg and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture in the mixer and beat until incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
4. Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake liners. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
5. Microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream for 20-30 seconds, then give it a good stir. It should melt. Once the cupcakes are cooled, dip the tops in the ganache. Let set before frosting.
Raspberry Buttercream1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Beat together butter and raspberry jam for 2 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar. Beat in vanilla. Pipe onto cupcakes with a closed star tip. Top with sprinkles.