One Bowl Double Chocolate Banana Muffins-- now that's a long recipe title! I just felt like I couldn't leave off any part of it! I'm not sure which descriptor I like the best:
One Bowl: simple clean up (though I must admit the one bowl I used when making these is still "soaking" in the sink... we all know "soaking" is just code for I'm too tired to do the dishes, right?)
Double Chocolate: You can't go wrong here. Anything that has cocoa powder AND chocolate chips has to be good, right?
Banana: You can read my ode to bananas by clicking here.
Muffins: Pretty much cake wrapped up in a convenient package (muffin paper) that makes it seem "healthier." People might judge you for eating cake for breakfast (we don't befriend those people), but no one will ever judge you for eating a muffin for breakfast!
I've posted this recipe before, but this time I've tweaked it to perfect it and updated the pictures!
One Bowl Double Chocolate Banana MuffinsYields 12 muffins
1 cup overly ripe bananas (about 2 medium-large bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup veggie or canola oil
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 2/3 cups flour
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas (I used a potato masher). Add vanilla and egg. Stir well. Add oil and milk and stir well.
2. Add sugars and mix well, then add cocoa powder and stir well. The cocoa powder doesn't incorporate as easily, so you may have to do some extra stirring.
3. Add salt and baking soda. Mix well. Add flour and stir until just incorporated.
4. Add about half of the chocolate chips to the batter and reserve the rest. Scoop the muffin batter with a cookie scoop into the liners, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the muffin batter.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
They're great warm or at room temperature!
Here's another recipe you might enjoy: