Isn't it interesting how the order of words changes things? I keep accidentally calling this recipe Brownie Cheesecake, but it's definitely Cheesecake Brownies.
You see, in this situation, "cheesecake" is the adjective to describe the type of brownies (instead of "brownie" being the adjective to describe the type of cheesecake).
Have a mentioned lately that I'm a big nerd?
Anyway, I sent these cheesecake brownies to my sister in honor of... well, nothing. Just because. Because of this, I only got to eat one of these delicious jewels before I had to put them in a box to be shipped off to San Francisco (a fact over which I lamented as I edited the photos on this post).
Recipe adapted from Yammie's Noshery.
Cheesecake BrowniesYields: 15 brownies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13" baking dish and set aside.
2. Put butter and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until melted. Stir to incorporate. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
3. Add the butter/sugar to the bowl of a mixer and beat for 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Combine dry ingredients (not including chocolate chips) in a separate bowl and add the mixture slowly to the wet ingredients. Pour into the prepared pan.
4. Combine all of the cheesecake ingredients in a separate bowl and beat until smooth. Pour in dollops atop the brownie batter in the prepared pan and swirl around using a knife.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until desired consistency is achieved.
You may also like Brownie Cheesecake: