Fall is here. It's lovely. I haven't blogged in a while. I've been busy.
Here's Austin. He's great.
The leaves are covering the ground all around Provo and they make a very satisfying crunch when I step on them. It's time for pumpkin flavored everything.
Recipe tweaked from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Yields 24 muffins
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 can pumpkin purée
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups AP flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
5 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
1. Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and veggie oil.
3. While that's beating, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Slowly add this to the wet ingredients.
4. Using a food scoop, scoop batter about halfway up muffin papers in a muffin tin. Make small indents in the batter and add about 1 tsp of the cream cheese mixture. Cover the cream cheese with about 1 tbsp more of the pumpkin batter.
5. Using a pastry cutter, cut together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter until it resembles crumbs. Sprinkle atop the unbaked muffins.
6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.