It's at the most inconvenient time, from 5-8, so if I eat before it's awkwardly early, but if I wait until after, my stomach loudly growls the entire class period, making me sound like an angry zoo animal.
So, while I was in class today, I kept craving chocolate chip muffins.
No, not just normal chocolate chip muffins. I wanted the kind that has the yummy streusely-sugar top that gives just enough crunch to make your mouth water.
I searched high and low (okay, I googled) for a recipe that would satisfy my cravings. I didn't find any that exactly matched, but I modified this one to make it work for me.
Best Ever Chocolate Chip MuffinsYields: 12 muffins
2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin papers.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the beaten egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
5. Scoop into the lined muffin pan with a cookie scoop.
6. Stir together the brown sugar and white sugar until it's mixed. Sprinkle this evenly on all the muffins.
7. Bake at 400 for 20-23 minutes.
Sorry for the bad quality pictures, y'all. I have homework to do.