Carbs, glorious carbs!
I want to try it next time with whole wheat flour and increase the honey so I would have a honey whole wheat! Yum! Because you roll it up, you could probably roll just about anything in it. You could make a delicious cinnamon raisin bread, or orange craisin bread or whatever you want! Don't worry, I plan on trying all of these combos.
This recipe hails from Delia Creates.
Soft Sandwich Bread
Yields: 2 9x5 loaves
2 1/2 cups hot water
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp salt
6 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp dry active yeast
1. Whisk together water, oil, honey, and salt.
2. Add 3/4 cup flour and the yeast. Mix until it's mostly incorporated. Add half the remaining flour and knead in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. You don't necessarily have to use a stand mixer-- you can do it by hand. Just knead normally. Add the remaining flour and knead for about 5 minutes.
3. Let rise in a greased bowl covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes in a warm place.
4. Plop dough out onto a floured surface and divide in half. Roll each until it's 9 inches wide by about 30 inches long. Roll it up and put it into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Let rise, covered, for 30 minutes in a warm place (or about 2 hours in the fridge if you want to slow down the rising time... I did this and it rose beautifully!)
5. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when you tap the tops of the loaves.
6. Optional: brush finished loaves with butter (This probably shouldn't be optional because... butter)
After second rise
With homemade raspberry jam... recipe coming soon!