I've always loved anything banana flavored (even banana flavored Laffy Taffy... I know. It's everyone else's least favorite flavor). My husband is a huge chocolate fan, so I thought we'd find a recipe that includes both of our favorite flavors.
The best part of these muffins is they're made in one bowl. I whipped them up in less than 10 minutes before baking. One bowl recipes are the best because usually when I bake, I make a huge mess in the kitchen. This way, I only have to clean one bowl.
I modified this recipe from Fork Knife Swoon.
One Bowl Chocolate Banana MuffinsYields 12 muffins
1 cup overly ripe bananas (about 2 medium-large bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup veggie or canola oil
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 2/3 cups flour
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I didn't have mini, so I used regular)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas (I used a potato masher). Add vanilla and egg. Stir well. Add oil and milk and stir well.
2. Add sugars and mix well, then add cocoa powder and stir well. The cocoa powder doesn't incorporate as easily, so you may have to do some extra stirring.
3. Add salt and baking soda. Mix well. Add flour and stir until just incorporated.
4. Add about half of the chocolate chips to the batter and reserve the rest. Scoop the muffin batter with a cookie scoop into the liners, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the muffin batter.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
They're great warm or at room temperature!
Other recipes you may love: